The International Consultations Group (ICG) is a think tank based in Cairo, Egypt, offering its global services to those concerned in international relations, investment and trade, peace, international law, national laws, international conventions, instruments and mechanisms protecting human rights, development, governance and public policy alternatives issues, whether for companies, individuals, Non-Governmental Organizations or international bodies.
Location: Cairo, Egypt.
Project: The cooperation with International Human Rights Mechanisms
One of the ICG work field is to promote human rights legislation and sustainable development, through which the group provides services to NGOs and other international bodies to cooperate with international mechanisms for the protection of human rights.
- Check original texts and contact with the team of researchers to ensure that translations retain the content, and meaning of the original material.
- Check translations of legal and UN terms and terminology to ensure that they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translation revisions.
- Gather terminologies and work on a glossary of legal and UN terminologies specially for the ICG.
- Some projects will require tasks of interpretation.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to apply for the job:
- A university degree or equivalent in languages studies.
- Interest in the field of promotion of human rights and experience either through membership in an NGO, activities aiming to protect human rights or simulation models and other students’ activities.
- Excellent working knowledge of Office software; Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
Financial and administrative information:
- The applicant will undergo a probation period for a maximum of 3 months.
- Salaries are determined on the demonstrated experience.
- Five working days/week (from Saturday to Thursday).
How to apply:
- Send your resume to the email: [email protected]
- Closing date for applications: 31 January 2020. During this period; only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Graduates can apply for training in the group as an assistant to be appointed if they successfully complete the training phase.